follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, April 13, 2008

    Wallace post match comments Rd 4

    'From my point of view, I know a lot of people felt it was going to be a difficult journey. We believed we had the run'

    (On Richardson playing on the wing)
    'We've got to find out if Polak, Riewoldt, Hughes can step up to be the next generation of key forwards. I asked Richo to give up a bit of his own game. It helped us looking at the our forward line future'
    'We will do what we need to do and see what worked. Truly I think if we are going to be a side, we have to develop other players around Matthew. I think for development of the club we need to look elsewhere'

    (On some key players)
    ' I thought Kane Johnson was absolutely outstanding. He has played terrific all year. He has stepped up. I thought McMahon was outstanding player all day, really helped us with link up play'

    '(Tambling) is going to be a nice player. He is four games into a mid field career. We have played him around the edged to get games around him. He has shown now he can match it with the players in the middle'


    - courtesy of rhettrospective.com

    **Not that with Richmond's win- they are 8th on the ladder.